Thanksgiving is almost here! As you give thanks and spend time with your loved ones, here’s an easy craft that makes a delicious treat too. These adorable turkeys will make everyone giggle. Have fun and Happy Thanksgiving!
Turkey Crispy Treats
Rice Crispy Treats Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup butter or butter substitute
- 10 oz marshmallows (all natural and/or vegan varieties are available, such as Dandies or Suzanne’s Ricemellow Creme, which is gluten-free and free of corn syrup)
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seed Butter or Peanut Butter (omit if making classic rice crispy flavor)
- Surf Sweets Gummy Bears, Sour Berry Bears or Gummy Swirls for the “feathers”
- Sunflower seeds for the “beaks”
- Chocolate chips for the “eyes”
- Cranberry for the “little red waddle”
- Sunflower Seed Butter or other nut or seed butter for “glue”
- Toothpicks to hold the candy in place.
To Make Turkey Crispies
Melt butter in a pan over medium heat (with sunflower seed or peanut butter if using). When melted, add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Add cereal and mix well.
While still warm, use your hands to form the mixture into two sizes of balls: a larger size for the body and a smaller size for the head. Use a toothpick to attached the “head” to the “body”. Then assemble the feathers by sliding Gummy Bears (about 3-4) onto toothpicks and attaching the toothpicks to the body. Use sunflower seed or peanut butter for “glue” to tack on the eyes (chocolate chips), little red waddle (cranberry), and beak (sunflower seed). And poof, you have an adorable and declicious turkey. Gobble, gobble. Have fun and enjoy!
Thanks to Ali of Give Me Some Oven for this ingenious idea!
For more edible craft ideas that are also kid friendly, visit Busy Bee Kids Crafts.